Join an International Network
CircusWorks represents the UK on the board of EYCO – the European Youth Circus Organisation – and has relationships with youth circus organisations, circus academics and circus professionals internationally.
One of our main purposes as an umbrella organisation is to create partnerships, between our members, and with the international youth circus community. We provide networking opportunities, place people in European Volunteer Cops (formally the European Voluntary Service/EVS) positions, and encourage communication and mutual support.
CircusWorks members enjoy substantially reduced member delegate fees for our conference, including exclusive early bird rates, and priority booking.
The annual CircusWorks conference comprises of three days of talks, forums, workshops and information sessions with top international circademics and youth circus experts.
This years’ conference will be a landmark event for UK youth circus. The programme so far includes:
- A multiplier event for ASK (Assistant Trainers Sharing Knowledge), an EYCO initiative, which will be presenting an new curriculum and guidebook for teaching assistant trainers
- Launch of the ACE funded CircusWorks Survey 2018/19. An in depth look at youth circus across England
- Launch of Extraordinary Bodies’ ‘Circus for Everybody Trainers Toolkit’
- Presentation of ground-breaking new research from Canada on thebenefits of circus training for young people and Physical Literacy
- Representatives from European Networks, Caravan and EYCOConfirmed speakers / session leaders for this years’ conference so far include Dean Kriellars, Patrice Aubertin, Steven Desanghere, and Petra Päivärinne.Alongside the conference, Dean Kriellaars will also be running a training session in the use of PLAY tools to measure Physical Literacy in young people.CircusWorks Youth FestivalCircusWorks members also enjoy discount ticket prices for our youth festival, including exclusive early bird rates, and priority booking.Our youth festival is the biggest national youth circus event, with young people attending from all over the UK and Europe. Young people attend 5 days of workshops, with some of the best circus teachers in the UK. They also have the chance to perform in a traditional circus big top, participate in a public fire show, and compete in the Circus Olympics. Young people looking to pursue a career in circus are also invited to perform in our public gala show – a glamorous annual showcase of the rising stars of UK youth circus. Above all, the festival is an opportunity to make friends with other young people from across the UK, and internationally.
CircusWorks members get discount rates and priority booking on all CircusWorks training programmes and workshops.
International Training and Events
As a board member of EYCO – the European Youth Circus Organisation – we can offer members exclusive places on youth circus trainings, exchanges and events held across Europe, including the annual NICE (Network of International Circus Exchange) seminar.
Cutting Edge Research
Our members have access to the latest international research into physical literacy and the benefits of youth circus. Proven evidence of the impact and benefits of youth circus can be invaluable when approaching funding bodies, and other organisations outside of the circus sector.
Tools and Resources
Downloadable tools and resources, including tools for teaching and teacher training.
Discount Equipment Rental
Members can hire CircusWorks equipment at a discount rate, including our freestanding flying trapeze rig, freestanding aerial rigs, and our inflatable tumble run. We can also supply trained teachers, if required.
We promote our members through CircusWorks social media campaigns, mailouts, and on our website. If you make us aware of your news, events and opportunities we are happy to promote them on your behalf.
We also consult the membership as part of our projects, and members are often included in our publications, events and national and international presentations.
Be the first to know about new funding, opportunities, jobs, events, trainings, news and gossip in the sector. Our monthly members mailout is a really useful digest of everything new in the youth circus world.
Advice and Support
We’re always happy to sit down with our members for a chat, a bit of cake and some support – whether you need general advice, mentoring, or industry contacts. Get in touch to set up a meeting.
We are continuously developing new projects to benefit our members, including new events, trainings, tools, research, discounts and opportunities.
Our work is led by you. If you need or would like a particular kind of support, please let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org