Applications are now closed for all of our ASK trainings.
Many thanks to everyone who applied, we will be looking at applications for the final two this week, and will let everyone know the results as soon as we have made decisions. Watch out for blog posts from participants on our blog page, and come to our conference 4-6th October to learn about the results, experience some of the teaching methods and meet the facilitators!
If you missed out on this, applications for Learning Centred Learning are still open
CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS
Free masterclasses in Germany, Estonia, Poland, Netherlands and Spain!
We are looking for both new and experienced circus trainers to take part in European masterclasses! Are you a young trainer in a youth circus? Or are you a trainer of circus trainers?
Get together with like-minded people to discuss best practice and create training curricula and guidelines for working with young trainers.
You will work with fantastic facilitators, Steven Desanghere Petra Päivärinne and Lynn Carroll, to create new resources, and learn new skills.
We offer you:
- Five interesting days of sharing knowledge, experiences and best practice around the training of assistant circus trainers
- The opportunity to develop your professional skills
- A chance to meet and share practice with colleagues from eleven European countries
- Food and accommodation on location
- A reimbursement of travel costs
From each participant country we are looking for:
- One young trainer who may have trained already in a youth circus, or a circus amateur interested in becoming an assistant trainer. Your task is to represent the young people from your country when we discuss what an European model for an assistant trainer training could be like
- One trainer of assistant trainers, trainer of trainers, or an circus teacher experienced in planning/discussing a training for circus assistant trainers
Applications open to UK CircusWorks members- click here to join. If you live outside the UK contact your country’s umbrella organisation.
Follow these links to apply:
ASK Poland– Łódż 3-7th April 2019 (Arrive 2nd) Focus on the Role of the Circus School in Supporting the assistant trainer DEADLINE 22nd Feb 12.00pm. Applications now closed
ASK Estonia– Focus on the Role of Assistant Trainer – Applications now closed
ASK Germany – Focus on the Curriculum- Applications now closed
ASK Netherlands– Rotterdam 9th- 13th October 2019 (Arrive 8th) Focus on Learning and Teaching DEADLINE 17th May 12.00pm Applications now Closed
ASK Spain – Barcelona 20th- 24th November (Arrive 19th) Focus on Motivation DEADLINE 24th May Applications now closed
Quotes from participants in our first masterclass in Gschwend:
|“Fantastic! Really good bunch of enthusiastic, lovely, fun, kind, engaged people. Everyone contributed and made it a fab week.”
“I have a lot of answers now! And… a lot of questions. Its opened my mind about European pedagogy and the need to form an Assistant Trainer curriculum.”
“Amazing group, amazing people! I am happy to meet so many open minded and full of good energy. Thank you for exciting time!”
For more information, contact your National umbrella organisation: email@example.com
The masterclass is part of the Assistant trainers sharing knowledge project, coordinated by the Finnish Youth Circus Association and with ten partners: Estonian Contemporary Circus Development Centre, Fundacja Miasto Projekt (Poland), Vlaams centrum voor circuskunsten (Belgium), Ass. Giocolieri e Dintorni (Italy), Circomundo (Netherlands), FEECSE (Spain), FFEC (France), CircusWorks (United Kingdom), BAG-Zirkuspädagogik (Germany) and Cirkokrog (Slovenia). The project is funded through the Erasmus+ program.